Photo Credit - Getty Images
Divergent star, Shailene Woodley, gives some great, yet strange beauty advice! When asked for her best tip at Tuesday night's L.A. premiere of Divergent, she said:
“Get in a bath and look at your body and be like, ‘Wow, thank you so much for hosting my mind and my heart,’ like as women you know, and also be pregnant with the world. I think that’s really beautiful beauty advice, like, close your eyes and think about all of the other women out there who aren’t in positions to be on a red carpet in Hollywood tonight enjoying this beautiful weather and all of these beautiful smiles and put those women in your womb and be pregnant with them and send them love.”
Woodley also offered some simpler-to-follow advice. Ladies, if you're looking to maintain great skin and shiny hair, read the tips bellow..
1. Ingest Clay - “I’ve discovered that clay is great for you because your body doesn’t absorb it, and it apparently provides a negative charge, so it bonds to negative isotopes. And, this is crazy: it also helps clean heavy metals out of your body.”
2. Swish with sesame oil for a brighter smile - “It’s amazing! It really makes your teeth whiter, because the plaque on your teeth is not water soluble, it’s fat-soluble. So the lipids have to dissolve in fats, which is why oil works in your mouth.”
3. Keep shampooing to a minimum - “I basically have horse hair. It’s so low-maintenance … When it was long, I used shampoo from Living Libations, but now it’s really short. I only shampoo it like once a month—the oilier, the better.”
4. Good skin comes from good humor - “I can tell you, all of my friends in their mid-thirties and early forties laugh a lot and have no wrinkles,” she tells PEOPLE. “That is the secret to good skin. I swear. Everybody has this big thing about chemicals and facials but it is just laughter.”
5. Take charge of your beauty products -Woodley has been making her own soaps for years. “When I was 15 … I started studying indigenous peoples and their lifestyles because I was like ‘What does healthy mean?’” she tells PEOPLE. “Part of that is just knowing what is in the products you use and the foods you eat — the happiness, being positive — it all contributes to it.”
6. Make the most of your morning and evenings - “The thing that’s most grounding for me before bed, though, is when I wash my face. To wash my face and nourish my skin and cleanse myself of everything that happened through the day.” And the next morning? “The second I wake up, I scream very loudly [to the tune of 'Good Morning' from Singin' in the Rain], ‘Good morning! Good morning!’ And then I scream out, ‘Exciting day! Exciting day!’ I feel like it completely sets the mood for the whole day.”
7. Embrace the you that you are - For Woodley, that means going makeup-free almost all the time. “I realized that, growing up and looking at magazines, I was comparing myself to images like that—and most of it isn’t real. I don’t really wear makeup that much anyway, so part of it is just a selfish, lazy thing … I want to be me.”
...Thanks for the great advice Shailene, I'm already starting to feel oh-so beautiful myself!!