The season finale of “The Four: Battle For Stardom” was last night, with one lucky singer getting their big break with the help of the show’s panel, P. Diddy, DJ Khaled and Meghan Trainor
The Four remaining contestants went head-to-head to be the last one standing. Those still in contention included Zhavia, Candice Boyd, Vincint Cannady and Evvie McKinney, and the four opened the show with a cover of Lady Gaga’s “Edge of Glory.”
Since there were no competitors challenging for seats this week the finale had some different rules than the regular season. The challenges started with each artist performing a song, with the audience voting for the person who gets the power to decide who goes head-to-head in round two. The winners of round two then battle it out to determine who is the overall winner of The Four.
After Round 1, Evvie won the power to pick who’d challenge each other, deciding to go head-to-head with Zhavia, putting Candice and Vincent against each other.
Round 2 –
- Zhavia, who took off her boots for the challenge after Meghan commented they were holding her back, performed Rihanna’s “Man Down,” and even got up in Evvie’s face for it, while Evvie chose Bill Withers’ “Ain’t No Sunshine,” which had Meghan holding her hands up and Diddy taking off his sunglasses. Diddy had the most critical comments about both of them, but in the end the judges chose Evvie to go to the next round, with Diddy commenting that Zhavia wasn’t “all the way ready.”
- Vinncint, who must have been dying of the heat wearing a leather jacket under a red blazer, performed Bruno Mars’ “Locked Out of Heaven,” complete with his own choreography, while Candice performed, Whitney Houston’s “I Have Nothing.” The voting was tough with Meghan choosing Vinncint and Khaled choosing Candice, with Diddy making the final call, and going with Candice.
Round 3 -
- Evvie went first, getting all emotional for John Legend and Common’s “Glory” with Candice taking on Rihanna’s “Stay.”
- In the end Evvie was crowned the first ever winner of "The Four," and got a Republic Records deal, was named iHeart Media’s latest “On the Verge” artist, and will get help from the members of the panel to launch her musical career.
- ONE MORE THING! If you loved watching “The Four” this season you’re in luck, the show was just picked up by Fox for a second season. Season two is expected to air this summer, although so far there’s no word on whether any or all of the celebrity panel will return.