Tomorrow (May 25th) is National Wine Day and while you sip on your Chardonnay, you can talk about this new research that reveals what your choice of wine says about your personality. A new survey of 2,000 Americans looks at the differences in personality traits between those who prefer red to those who like a glass of white.
If you like “Game of Thrones,” traveling, and consider yourself an introvert, this survey suggests you’re probably a red wine drinker. And it turns out, white wine drinkers are more likely to be night owls who are sarcastic and listen to punk music than their red vino-loving pals. The survey also finds that the average person drinks four glasses of wine a week and the favorite place to drink - regardless of wine preference - is at home.
Here’s the survey’s profile break down for red wine fans:
- More likely to be a “wine aficionado”
- Early bird
- Prefer dogs to cats
- Listen to jazz music
- More likely to identify as adventurous, humble and organized
- Willing to spend slightly more per bottle ($40)
And now for the white wine drinkers:
- Less likely to be a “wine aficionado”
- Night owl
- Prefer cats to dogs
- Listen to punk music
- More likely to identify as identify as curious, sarcastic, and perfectionists
- Willing to spend slightly less per bottle ($37)