A new survey finds:
- 81% of Americans get excited for Valentines, while only 68% get excited for the winter holiday season.
- 33% are so into Valentine's they actually take the day off work to celebrate it.
- While 63% of Americans will celebrate Valentine’s Day with their significant other, apparently the holiday has become about more than just that.
- Plenty of folks will celebrate the holiday with other folks including:
- Family (61%)
- Friends (59%)
- Kids (51%)
- Fur baby (pet) (28%)
And there are also many ways folks like to celebrate Valentine’s Day, including:
- Buy gifts for people I love (64%)
- Go out to dinner (57%)
- Cook a special dinner (57%)
- Treat myself to some ‘me-time’ (45%)
- Send a card (40%)
When it comes to gifts, the average American will spend just over $50, although 20% will spend over $100.
The top valentine’s day gift is fuzzy slippers (42%), while 31% actually said they want diapers for the holiday.
- Other top gift choices include:
- Cat-lady gnome (38%)
- Fuzzy sweater (37%)
- Bedding (33%)
- Personalized jewelry (29%)
- Kitchen staples (26%)
- Stuffed animal (25%)
- Warm socks (24%)
- Punny card (24%)