After the Fourth of July, retailers start preparing for fall, which makes July a good month for deals on certain summer items. Here are a few things you might want to consider:
- Tools - With Father's Day over and done, retailers offer tools and accessories for less.
- Paint - Even if you don't want to take on this chore now, take advantage of the specials and put the paint in storage for a while. Unopened cans last for years.
- Mattresses - Like Memorial Day and Labor Day, Independence Day is a fine time to take advantage of sales and bring home a good, cheap mattress.
- Summer Gear - As soon as July Fourth celebrations come to a close, retailers begin discounting summer apparel to make room for back-to-school items.
- Grills - Once the Fourth of July holiday has passed, retailers no longer want to hold grills in their inventory
- Jewelry - With the December holidays and Valentine's Day half a year away, jewelers are experiencing the summer doldrums so they drop prices and run sales in July.