A new survey finds the average person watched their first scary movie when they were just 10 years old, with the most common horror movies people watch before they turn 18 being:
- “The Exorcist”
- “A Nightmare on Elm Street”
- “Texas Chainsaw Massacre”
- “The Shining”
- “The Evil Dead”
- “28 Days Later”
- “The Conjuring”
When it comes to watching scary flicks…
- 62% of people find it fun to be scared.
- 47% say a scary movie caused them to have a nightmar
- The average person needs three days to shake off the effects a spooky flick.
- 52% of people say the things that frightened them when they are young have the same effect on the today.
Source: SWNS Digital