According to a new survey:
- 44% of people think the Monday after the Super Bowl should be a national holiday.
- 52% of people have requested Super Bowl Monday off.
- 39% have called in sick on the Monday after the Super Bowl.
- 57% expect they’ll have to power through the day, with 60% actually going into work.
- The biggest reason they hate going in after the Super Bowl is they expect to be less productive. Other expectations of the day include:
- Coming in late (41%)
- Drinking more coffee throughout the day (38%)
- Talking about the Super Bowl with colleagues (31%)
But it turns out it’s not just Super Bowl Monday that people hate. In fact, the majority of Americans say Monday is their least favorite day of the week.
- The average worker will arrive 15 minutes late for work on Mondays.
- 63% say they’re more likely to be late on Monday than any other work day.
- 32% are likely to leave the office early on a Monday.
Source: SWSN Digital