Early information out of China, where COVID-19 first started, shows that some people are at higher risk of getting very sick from this illness. This includes: Older Adults and People who have Serious Chronic Medical Conditions like: Heart Disease, Diabetes and Lung disease. If a COVID-19 outbreak happens in your community, it could last for a long time. (An outbreak is when a large number of people suddenly get sick.) Depending on how severe the outbreak is, public health officials may recommend community actions to reduce people’s risk of being exposed to COVID-19. These actions can slow the spread and reduce the impact of disease. If you are at higher risk for serious illness from COVID-19 because of your age or because you have a serious long-term health problem, it is extra important for you to take actions to reduce your risk of getting sick with the disease.
Watch for symptoms and emergency warning signs:
- Pay attention for potential COVID-19 symptoms including, fever, cough, and shortness of breath. If you feel like you are developing symptoms, call your doctor!
- If you develop emergency warning signs for COVID-19 get medical attention immediately. In adults, emergency warning signs*:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to arouse
- Bluish lips or face
- *This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning.
- The BEST way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the Virus
- Wash Your Hands OFTEN with Soap and Water - At Least 20 Seconds - especially after being in a public space, blowing your nose, coughing, using the bathroom, etc.
- If Soap and Water are not available - use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Cover ALL Coughs and Sneezes with the Elbow - avoid hands!
- Avoid Touching Your Face (Eyes, Nose, Mouth) with unwashed hands
- Avoid Close Contact with People Who Are Sick / Put distance between yourself and others who are sick
- STAY HOME if you are sick, except when seeking medical care! | Wear a FaceMask IF you are sick or caring for a SICK person.
- Clean and Disinfect Frequently Touched Surfaces Daily
- Click Here for FULL STEPS TO PREVENT ILLNESS from the CDC
For more CDC information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) click here. This information is directly from the CDC.
PENNSYLVANIA RESIDENTS with recent travel history and those who have been in contact with a known Coronavirus exposure are urged to call the PA Department of Health at 1-877-724-3258 to determine if you need to be tested. Click here for more info from the State of PA Website!
iHeartMedia Allentown Offices are closed to visitors... there is NO prize pick up or auction pick up!
If you have an immediate prize concern, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com!
If your prize is tickets for a summer show, we ask that you hold off on contacting us... we will alert you when our offices reopen to prize pick up summer show tickets. Our 30 Day Prize Pick Up Rule will be suspended for the time being and winners will be handled on a case by case basis with the most recent events taking priority. Thank you!
CONCERT / EVENT POSTPONEMENTS & CANCELATIONS:
*FOR ALL POSTPONED CONCERTS... HOLD ON TO YOUR TICKETS! DO NOT THROW THEM AWAY! THEY WILL BE VALID FOR RESCHEDULED SHOWS!
New Items for 3/25/20:
- As the state seeks relief to save lives and stop the spread of COVID-19, today Governor Tom Wolf and Secretary of Health Dr. Rachel Levine revised the “Stay at Home” order to include Lehigh and Northampton counties, bringing the state total to 10 counties under the stay-at-home order. The order now includes these 10 counties: Allegheny, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Erie, Lehigh, Monroe, Montgomery, Northampton, and Philadelphia counties. The amended orders takes effect at 8:00 PM Wednesday, March 25, 2020, and will continue until April 6, 2020.For more info... click here!
New Items as of 3/24/20:
- St. Luke's University Health Network - Asking for Donations of Masks, PPEs & Cleaning Supplies - Click Here for a list of needed items and where to drop off! They are also accepting hand-made masks!
- Lehigh Valley Health Network - Asking for Donations of Masks, PPEs, Cleaning Supplies and Hand-Made Masks. Click Here for needed items and how to get donations to the hospitals!
- Lehigh Valley Delivers - Click Here to see a PAGE filled with local Restaurants who are offering curb side pick up, delivery and to go options. If you are a restaurant, there is a link for you on this page to add your information free of charge. Powered by: iHeartMedia Allentown
- Miller Keystone Blood Center - Expanding hours to make donating blood more convenient for you! Click Here to schedule your LIVE SAVING appointment.
- Almost Queen at Santander Performing Arts Center in Reading has been rescheduled to Fri October 9th! All tickets for previous show date will be honored!
New Items as of 3/23/20-
-Wind Creek Event Center Statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
For the well-being of our patrons and employees we are proactively closing the Event Center and Box Office until Monday, March 30that 10:00am. We hope to announce new dates for any concerts and events during that time very soon. All tickets purchased will be valid for the new dates. Refunds will be available at the point of purchase. (Tickets purchased at the Box Office can be refunded once it re-opens.) Wind Creek Event Center will continue to work with local and state officials on the evolving situation in the coming weeks.
The health and safety of our guests and employees is our top priority. Through public health organizations such as, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) we are staying abreast of the latest updates and developments as they occur. We leave the decision to hold performances and events to the promoters, producers and artists but any actions we take will be consistent with guidelines and/ or directions from these agencies and local health department officials. Tickets previously purchased will be honored on the new date.
The following performances have been affected:
- Chelsea Handler – March 13th – New Date TBD – Click here for show info
- Professional Boxing – Re-scheduled from March 14th to Friday, May 8th, 2020 – Click here for show info
- Air Supply – Re-scheduled from March 19th to Friday, June 19th, 2020 – Click here for show info
- Brit Floyd – Re-scheduled from March 20/ 21 to August 14th and 15th 2020 – Click here for show info
- Pitbull – Re-scheduled from March 26th to June 28th, 2020 – Click here for show info
- Reba McEntire – Re-scheduled from March 27th to July 18th, 2020 – Click here for show info
- Brian Regan – Re-scheduled from April 2nd to Friday, June 26th, 2020 – Click here for show info
- Matt Fraser – Re-scheduled from April 18th to August 27th – Click here for show info
- David Foster w/ Katherine McPhee – Re-Scheduled from April 19th to October 18th, 2020 – Click here for show info
- Dennis DeYoung & The Music of Styx – Re-scheduled from April 25th to Saturday, November 7th – Click for show info
Keep checking https://www.windcreekeventcenter.com/safety/ for more info!
New Items as of 3/20/20
- Knoebels Amusement Resort in Elysburg, PA announced grand opening weekend will now be held on May 9th and 10th - find out more on their Facebook Page!
NEW ITEMS AS OF 3/19/20
- State Theatre - Closed through March 31st - Dear State Theatre Patrons,Through March 31, the State Theatre has suspended Box Office operations for the safety of the community at large. When it is possible to accurately determine the status of a performance, postponement or cancellation, we will communicate that information to you. Click Here To See Shows Postponed!
- Governor Wolf ordered all NON-LIFE-SUSTAINING businesses to close at of 8pm on 3/19 - for a complete list of what is and isn't life sustaining... visit Governor.PA.Gov
NEW ITEMS AS OF 3/18/20
- Lehigh Valley Mall - Closed through March 29th - Mall co-owner Simon Property Group on Wednesday announced it would close all of its U.S. retail properties, starting at 7 p.m. Wednesday and ending on March 29
- Dennis DeYoung At Wind Creek Event Center-Rescheduled- Out of an abundance of caution we are re-scheduling the Dennis DeYoung performance at the Wind Creek Event Center in Bethlehem, Pa. to Saturday, November 7th 2020 at 8:00pm. All tickets previously purchased will be good for the new date.
NEW ITEMS AS OF 3/16/20
- Sellersville Theater - Closed through March 26th - The Washington House Restaurant and Hotel to remain open at this time
- Blue Mountain Resort - Closed until April 6th
- Postponed: Pitbull (March 26th) and Air Supply (March 19th) - Wind Creek Event Center
- Wind Creek Event Center & Box Office - Closed through March 30th at 10am - Hold on to your tickets - they will be valid for new dates. Refunds are available at point of purchase if needed, Box Office refunds will be available when Box Office Reopens.
- Postponed: Lehigh Valley Autism Speaks Walk - (April 25th) - NEW DATE - TBD
- Wind Creek Casino Resort - Closed through 6AM on March 29th
- Lehigh Valley Hospital & St. Luke's Hospital - No Visitation Policy / No Access Policy in effect as of March 16th - See Hospital Websites for More Info
- Crayola Experience - Temporarily Closed for 2 Weeks - For info, visit CrayolaExperience.com
- Mohegan Sun Casino - All Activities Are Cancelled - Live Racing, Casino Promotions and Events
- Habitat for Humanity / Restore: Closed through March 30th (Admin Offices) - Restore to reopen on April 1st - Watch FB page for Updates
- Shady Maple Smorgasbord - Closing at 8pm on 3/16 until further notice
Postponements from Week of 3/9 -
- Postponed: Adam Sandler - March 18th at the PPL Center
- Postponed: Dan + Shay - March 12th at Wells Fargo Center
- Postponed: The Lehigh Valley Auto Show - March 19th-22nd - Lehigh University
- Postponed: Wells Fargo Center Philadelphia - All Philadelphia Flyers, 76ers and Wings Games scheduled are postponed until further notice. All other events scheduled through March 31st will be rescheduled.
- Postponed: Billie Eilish - Wells Fargo Center - March 13th
- Postponed: Reba McEntire - Wind Creek Event Center - Show moving to July 18, 2020
- Postponed: Chelsea Handler - Wind Creek Event Center and AC for March 13th and 14th
- Canceled: Bethlehem St. Patrick's Day Parade - March 14th
- Postponed: iHeartMedia Career Expo - March 25th
- Postponed: MDA Black and Blue Ball - March 20th
- Postponed: Live Nation and AEG are suspending all major tours...see Live Nation and AEG Websites for more info.
- Postponed: The Fab Faux - March 14th - New Date To Come - State Theatre
- Postponed: Red Hot Chili Pipers - March 21st - NEW DATE IS March 11, 2021 - State Theatre
- Canceled: Dancing with the Lehigh Valley Stars - April 2nd - State Theatre
- Postponed: State Theatre in Easton - ALL EVENTS / SHOWS postponed through April 2nd 2020 - more info: StateTheatre.org
- Postponed: Brit Floyd - Wind Creek Event Center - March 20th - new date looking to be: August 14th and August 15th - Hold on to your tickets, they will be honored.
- Postponed: Da Vinci Science Center - GALA - April 25th at SteelStacks - NEW DATE TBD - more info: DaVinciScienceCenter.org
- Postponed: Newsboys United (March 13th), Dweezil Zappa Hot Rats Live (March 14th) - Sherman Theater
- Canceled: Allentown St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Closed: Da Vinci Science Center to be closed to the public and cease all outreach activities from Saturday, March 14 through the end of the month.
- WFMZ's Storm Center is Up and Running with the Most Up to Date List of School Delays and Cancellations - CLICK HERE TO SEE THE STORM CENTER LIST!
WFMZ has an on going list of Community and Event Postponements including Nursing Home Visitation Restrictions - Click Here!