A new survey reveals a lot of people wind up disappointed with what they buy online.
Does this sound like you:
- 74% of Americans have some sort of buyer’s remorse when it comes to online purchases.
- The most common regret people have is feeling as though the item they purchased is less valuable than what they spent for it (39%).
- Other top regrets include:
- Used product less frequently than expected (34%)
- Spending too much money (32%)
- Finding a better brand/version of the product (32%)
- Having to pay for return shipping (31%)
- Finding a promo code after the fact (31%)
- Finding the item on sale after the fact (30%)
- Missing the return window (28%)
- Not buying a protection/insurance plan (26%)
- Not getting a different color/size (26%)
- As for why they made such regrettable purchases.
- 43% blame good advertising.
- 42% say the product came in a color they like.
- Almost 60% say they shopped online while drunk
- 83% of those drunk shoppers say they wound up buying something “dumb and frivolous."
- 73% of people say they’ve disliked up to 15 purchases that they’ve made.
- 45% of people will wind up hiding their regrettable purchase where they can’t see it.
- 39% will re-gift them.