A new CreditCards.com survey finds:
- 47% of Americans have at least one unused gift card in their wallet.
- On average, Americans have $175 worth of unused gift cards, vouchers and store credits, $61 more than last year.
- All these unused gift cards amount to about $21 billion nationwide.
So, why are these gift cards going unused?
- Well, 29% of people simply say they held on to them too log.
- Another 25% have no idea where the gift card is.
- 47% of people eventually lose out on their funds, some because the business closed before the card could be used.
Source: USA Today