The renowned Met Gala is the annual fundraising gala for the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute.
The invite-only event offers celebs the chance to shine and they were all there for last night’s event. This year’s theme was Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons: Art of the In-Between - attendees are encouraged to dress in accordance with the theme.
And by the way, there's a "no selfies" rule for the event - so some folks dive into the loo for the "annual bathroom selfie."
Here are some of the red carpet highlights…
- Kim Kardashian attended the big party by herself for the first time since 2013. Her husband, Kanye West, has been keeping a low profile since his November meltdown. Her sisters Kendall and Kylie Jenner were also in attendance.
- Gwyneth Paltrow was there last night for the first time in four years. Her appearance came days after we found out that she’s teaming up with “Vogue” editor Anna Wintour to launch a quarterly print version of her lifestyle site, “Goop.” The magazine will debut in September.
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez made their red carpet debut as a couple. They posed for the typical pictures before the singer showed his affection for Gomez by nuzzling his head in her chest. He also kissed her on the cheek for the cameras.
- Another couple becoming red carpet official? Jennifer Lopez glowed in baby blue Valentino - while Alex Rodriguez went with a classic tux.
- There’s a reason Katie Holmes looked so good on the red carpet. She was spotted in a hot yoga class a few hours before slipping into her body-hugging Zac Posen
- Madonna made her presence known in a full-length camo gown by Moschino.